SFCU Forums

Author Topic: 2014/15 Champions League Thread  (Read 14334 times)

Offline Blue Sky

• SFCU forum Junkie
  • Liked: 328
Re: 2014/15 Champions League Thread
« Reply #300 on: April 20, 2017, 05:34:23 PM »
I love this narrative of Juventus being a team who only plays catenaccio and play with 10 men behind the ball. We had just as many chances as Barca in a game we had no real need to pour forward and attack in.

Typical Italian debate style: defending yourself and then having a little attack at the end of your point. ;)

Always trying to win 1-0 ;)
They're going to fuck him to death, bury him, then dig him up and fuck him again.

Offline grealy

• Sydney FC Obsessed
  • Liked: 534
« Reply #301 on: April 20, 2017, 05:39:59 PM »
Barcelona's attitude towards match officials is disgusting. Really embarrassing stuff.

Offline Mr2046

• Lonely fan of obscure football leagues
  • SFCU forum Junkie
  • Liked: 568
  • Bay 31
« Reply #302 on: April 20, 2017, 06:51:48 PM »
Barcelona's attitude towards match officials is disgusting. Really embarrassing stuff.

They're Barcelona, they aren't supposed to lose! They aren't supposed to be brushed aside like that. The players seem to believe their own hype and show as much shock as 11 Craig Fosters when they are proven to actually not be "all that."
The worst of the Eight Hells is called Continuous Hell. It has the meaning of Continuous Suffering. Hence the name. He who is in Continuous Hell never dies. Longevity is a big hardship in Continuous Hell.

Offline MrRooney

• "The Vagina is my third favourite hole" - J. Drama
  • SFCU forum Junkie
  • Liked: 783
  • I'm Business Drunk... its legal to drive....
« Reply #303 on: April 20, 2017, 10:37:55 PM »
Really hoping it's a Madrid derby in the semi

Athletico to win and then I'm happy with whoever wins... just want a change of name on the trophy for he first time in a long time

Happy for a juve, Monaco or athletico win (prob in that order)
SFCU Knockout game - Round 14 CHAMPION.
SFCU Knockout game - Round 19 Runner Up.
SFCU Knockout game - Round 24 CHAMPION.

Offline King_Crud

• SFCU forum Junkie
  • Liked: 64
  • this week 'Stop the Film' visited Thames Ditton...
« Reply #304 on: April 21, 2017, 06:12:03 AM »

They're Barcelona, they aren't supposed to lose! They aren't supposed to be brushed aside like that. The players seem to believe their own hype and show as much shock as 11 Craig Fosters when they are proven to actually not be "all that."

It's alright, the refs have decided that Real is going to win it this year. Offside be damned, red cards for all of their enemies

Offline nickko

• Sydney FC Fanatic
  • Liked: 179
« Reply #305 on: April 21, 2017, 08:24:53 AM »

http://waterfordwhispersnews.com/2017/04/20/local-football-fan-always-knew-barcelona-were-shit/

:ninja:
I bowl. Drive around. The occasional acid flashback.

Offline Mr2046

• Lonely fan of obscure football leagues
  • SFCU forum Junkie
  • Liked: 568
  • Bay 31
« Reply #306 on: April 21, 2017, 08:27:28 AM »
So even saying that Barcelona weren't/ aren't the best team in the world and deserve everything is now some kind of attitude worthy of parody?

Ok Craig.
The worst of the Eight Hells is called Continuous Hell. It has the meaning of Continuous Suffering. Hence the name. He who is in Continuous Hell never dies. Longevity is a big hardship in Continuous Hell.

Offline humanerror

• Sydney FC Fan
  • Liked: 74
« Reply #307 on: April 21, 2017, 01:42:27 PM »
It does go somewhat over the top imo and I can understand the parody.

I was rather happy to see Juve show Barca and their shortcomings/twattery up in this tie myself, but even when they were genuinely great around the turn of the decade and there was significantly more to like/respect than dislike about them, plenty of people (including on this forum) still preferred to be largely cynical and fixated on their bad sides, which kind of always bemused me. So much of the positive football we see today is in my mind down in large part to the standards they set then, not in their style as such (except for the pressing) but more so by showing that positive, assertive football can thrive and dominate in the modern game, having come out of a pretty stale period around 2007 when cagily sitting back and just looking to capitalise in transition or from set pieces was the name of the game and looking like its limit. Barcelona under Guardiola reversed that and more, and from tricky circumstances that were far less advantageous as many now make it out to be with misguided hindsight. For all of Barca's diving, for all their moaning to the ref, for all their painful entitlement, the attractiveness of the modern game and us fans who enjoy it owe quite a bit to them I think. As much as improved media coverage of the time disguised it, the game on the field really was going in a rather dour and regressive direction as the 2000s went on.

Mind you, don't get me wrong, I also realise that the negative fixation partly comes from idiots like Foster behaving like hopeless fanboys about them and overlooking their bad sides in the first place when they're meant to be serious, impartial analysts. But I also think a lot of it just comes from people getting more out of casting doubt on success in general than praising it, especially in England where on top of the age old indignation over play acting there seemed to be something of an inferiority complex born out of feeling troubled at the world's best and most entertaining league (that was leading the way in Europe right up until Pep's Barca) being put in the shade by such a side. Hence idiots like those parodied there.

Offline nickko

• Sydney FC Fanatic
  • Liked: 179
I bowl. Drive around. The occasional acid flashback.

Online RedKat

• SFCU forum Junkie
  • Liked: 701
« Reply #309 on: April 21, 2017, 08:29:22 PM »
Madrid derby and Monaco vs Juve