SFCU Forums

Author Topic: СРБИЈА/Ц.3ВЕ3ДА/Serbia/Red Star Super Awesome Combo Thread (v2.0)  (Read 45402 times)

Offline serbo

• Sydney FC Fan
  • Liked: 26
I've backed Mihajlovic all the way up until this match - but he's made some unforgivable errors:

1) Not starting Tadic would be like Croatia not starting Modric. Sure he's not as good, but he's the best and possibly only real creative spark we've got. Sackable offence on its own
2) Starting Scepovic
3) Starting average players with little NT experience like Stevanovic and Radovanovic. This was not the game to give them a chance!

Another one which I consider a shocker but others may not agree on is always starting Tosic. He's just not right for this system, he's more of a traditional winger who needs 2 strikers in front of him. Would've been great back in the Zigic days opposite Krasic. Great dribbling and crossing and the odd decent long-shot, but generally can't finish and doesn't have a good passing & possession game.

Let's hope the Macos can screw Belgium over (1-0 Belgium atm) to keep us in the race for 2nd, although I don't like our chances.

Mate agree with everything you said except that I knew he would do everything he did before the game. He's a terrible coach with poor squad selections. Also our campaign is definitely over if it wasn't already before the game.

I actually think Radovanovic had a decent game. Stevanovic is a good player but too inexperienced to throw in especially at the cost of Tadic who has something like an assist every game and a goal every 2 games on average this season. How can you leave someone that good on the bench!?

Offline Bill

• Sydney FC Fan
  • Liked: 210
I actually think Radovanovic had a decent game. Stevanovic is a good player but too inexperienced to throw in especially at the cost of Tadic who has something like an assist every game and a goal every 2 games on average this season. How can you leave someone that good on the bench!?

Yeah I know they're both decent players but they haven't had a lot of time with the national team and weren't the right choices for this match. Like you said, Stevanovic shouldn't have ever started ahead of Tadic and Kuzmanovic probably should've started ahead of Radovanovic, considering his Bundesliga experience against Mandzukic & Olic. He might be just what we need in terms of transition from defence to attack and holding a bit of possession.

I think Mihajlovic has done a great job in blooding A LOT of youth and probably helping a few of them set up transfers to better clubs as a result of being in the NT; e.g. Lazar Markovic to Chelsea if the rumours are true. He's also put some pride and responsibility back into the national team after the joke it became under "Pizon". But it seems he doesn't know what to do with it from that point on - maybe he needs to go back to club football for a while and get more experience.

Do you reckon we need to bring back any of the old boys? To be honest I wouldn't mind having Jovanovic back considering we don't have any decent strikers and he's still doing ok in Belgium. At 31 he's still not too old. He always had his heart in it and was our only scorer at the World Cup. If Stankovic gets back into playing regularly for Inter alongside Kuzmanovic they could be a good partnership for us in the midfield. Might be no point bring him back at this stage though if we have no chance of going to the World Cup.. he surely won't be at the next EURO

Offline serbo

• Sydney FC Fan
Many will disagree, but personally I wouldn't bring back any of the older players. Stankovic is a legend but he seems pretty crocked now and like you said he won't play beyond the WC which we're not going to qualify for.

With Jovanovic, I think we would do better to keep persisting with the young blokes. I would rather keep Djurdjic or even let's give Mitrovic and Mudrinski a go (when his bans finished of course). I feel they may not be quite ready for this level but this is the perfect time to give these lads a go. You never know they may thrive. and they give us an extra dimension with their size and physical presence. They both deserve to play ahead of Scepakadabra.

Markovic and Sulejmani will be important once they're both fully fit and playing regularly. We need to give Tosic the boot, he is rubbish. I would also get rid of Bisevac who isn't that good either. We need to bring back Ljajic and Matic. Miha's grudges are costing us a the use couple of top players in important positions for us.

Brkic had a shocker and looked the most nervous and low on confidence of all our players. I would give him another shot as I rate him more than Stojkovic, but if he continues to look shaky then we might need to go back to Stojke.

It just sucks that we rarely play as a team that is at least equal to the sum of its parts. Maybe it's the coaches or maybe it's just the players can't play together. Who knows.

Offline Bill

• Sydney FC Fan
I think it's 2 main problems - one being that nobody plays at the same clubs, they don't play together enough and don't know each other well enough but more importantly - we always play formations that are too defensive. We claim to play 4-3-3s and 4-2-3-1s but they're really 4-5-1s, stacking the midfield with no goal scorers and one crappy striker. If you look at Croatia, they played a 4-4-2 with no real defensive midfielders as far as I know. I think that's more true to the Balkan mentality and that's why they do well. Antic also played a 4-4-2 and we did much better under him.

I'm not saying we should go back to 4-4-2, but we should definitely be playing more genuine goal scorers like Sulejmani. Maybe Tadic and Djuricic should be pushed further into midfield, more like Xavi and Iniesta? I.e.:

Djurdjic
       Markovic/Ljajic      Sulejmani

Tadic            Djuricic
                        Kuzmanovic

Kolarov                                      Ivanovic
                Nastasic       Subotic
                     Brkic/Stojkovic

Offline Tomo

• Sydney FC Obsessed
  • Liked: 17
 :thumbup:
Marge... I think I hate Ted Koppel! No, wait, I find him informative and witty.

Offline serbo

• Sydney FC Fan
Haha some funny scenes overnight. After some very heavy snowfall across Serbia, it looked like our game against Scotland might have to have been postponed. But thanks to some Scottish fans who arrived at the ground early and helped clean up the snow at the Karadjordje Stadium the match was able to go ahead.

I think I've seen everything now!  :lol:

Offline serbo

• Sydney FC Fan
What a difference it makes to have a coach that picks the best players to play. Last night really proved that Jankovic had no idea what he was doing, or he was being told who to put on the park.

Cadu was man of the match in my opinion. Always looked comfortable on the ball and was very creative. He scored the opening goal which settled the team down and we never looked in danger after that. Garrido also had a top game, he plays with so much heart and passion and is great to watch.

Also I have to say, why the hell do we not play Ozegovic more regularly? I haven't seen a lot of him (because he never gets to play), but last night after Cadu he was probably 2nd best on the park. This kid is still only 18 but his skill is unbelieveable. I lost count how many times he got fouled in tight spots just because he is so good at holding onto the ball. He was lively and coming back to help in defence then bursting forward and making some great runs and attacking moves. He was linking up with Cadu really well in the second half. He needs to get a lot more game time because he could become an immense player.

As for the rest of the team, there was still a lot of the shitty through balls from deep unfortunately but Sa Pinto has only had a few days with the full squad and admitted this week was all about the 3 pts. One good thing was the defence was solid all night. No stupid brain explosions like we usually see which was a positive. Lazovic also looked a lot more lively and was making some great runs down the wing and cutting into the box like he used to.

Dauda was a bit quiet but he did hit one of the most powerful shots from about 30m out that I have ever seen. It was straight above Cancarevic's head but had so much power that it almost knocked his hands off his wrists and he had to scramble to pick up the ball after it slipped through his hands. I think we can expect to see some real cracker goals from distance from Dauda.

Offline Bill

• Sydney FC Fan
Good to hear they're playing better. I haven't seen a lot of their games but from what I've seen Lazovic is a real talent, disappointing that Red Star hasn't done much at all at continental level to give him a bit more of a challenge and exposure.

What's the go with Filip Jankovic? He's been talked up for such a long time, is he still sitting in the youth team?

As for the Scots, there was also a story about them donating money to a charity in Serbia or something like that. Great example to set to our own NT "fans".

Offline serbo

• Sydney FC Fan
As time passes, I'm hearing more and more that Filip Jankovic is a bit of a fraud.

He has almost an hour long highlights reel of his youth days playing 14s to about 16s, but there is nothing around since then. A lot of people who attend training and watch the youth teams say he is just not that good and has just been talked up by his management team who spread news and rumours about him going overseas to big European clubs like Roma.

However, supposedly the truth is that he hasn't developed into the player many people thought he would. He is not a kid anymore, he is 18 so if he was any good he would be starting to at least push for a spot on the bench for the senior side but he is nowhere to be seen. He doesn't even train with the senior players. Compare that to Ognjen Ozegovic, Stefan Mihajlovic, Vukan Savicevic and Srdjan Mijailovic who are from his age group but are already playing for the senior side and even getting in the starting line-up occasionally. Even Nikola Karaklajic who is younger than him but played in the same youth side all the way through their youth careers is at least training with and part of the full squad even though he hasn't really had a chance to play for them yet.

I don't buy all that bullshit you hear about him having signed a pre-deal with Roma and he is being held back for that reason. It just seems like he's not that good or maybe will develop later than the other guys. I hope it's the latter because as a teenager he was super talented, but it's more likely he'll be playing at FK Rad in 5 years time.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2013, 03:47:43 PM by serbo »

Offline Bill

• Sydney FC Fan
Yeah it doesn't look like he's been able to step up at all. Also looks like he hasn't hit puberty yet either lol

Was just thinking last night - how do you reckon Marko Perovic would go in the A-League? He's ended up in Iran now and Sydney might be looking for an LM/LW, could be a good fit? Did well in the MLS so he wouldn't find the A-League too foreign. My post on him in squad speculation thread:  http://sfcu.com.au/smf202/index.php?topic=20125.msg1635839#msg1635839
« Last Edit: April 07, 2013, 09:27:11 AM by Bill »

Offline serbo

• Sydney FC Fan
Geez how did he end up there??

He was pretty average at Zvezda the second time around, but I think he would do alright here. I haven't seen him play for a while.

Anyway if nothing comes from F Jankovic, we may have just got ourselves a solution in front of goals. I read in an article that Savo Milosevic is talking to Richairo Zivkovic and helping him to get a Serbian passport as he is about to commit to playing for Serbia.

He was born in the Netherlands Antilles, which is where his dad his from and his mum is Serbian. He is eligible to play for Holland or Serbia but it seems he is leaning towards Serbia because his dad is estranged from the family and he is a lot closer to his mum and uses her surname.

This kid is phenomenal, he is only 16 and is the 2nd youngest player to debut for Groningen. The Dutch are comparing him to Arjen Robben. He is super quick and lethal in attack. Lets hope we see him in the U-19 side very soon. Just imagine playing a front 2 with Zivkovic and Mitrovic. We could easily put 5 past any other U-19 NT for shits and giggles.

Offline serbo

• Sydney FC Fan
16 March

28 April

[ Invalid YouTube link ]

*rubs hands*

>:)

Offline Woox

• SFCU forum Junkie
  • Liked: 646
Last minute winner to Partizan. Gutting. Cunts.

Offline Bill

• Sydney FC Fan
Bit of a where are they now post - anyone remember Bojan Djordjic, Swedish-Serb Man Utd junior?

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/wandering-star-bojan-djordic-just-3406067

Back in his home club (Swedish 2nd div). Wouldn't be a bad pickup for an A-League club I reckon, even at 32.

And Australia's own (sort of) Ivan Ergic with a bit more Marxism. Hasn't played a game since 2011 I believe (article in Serbian, google translation is readable):

http://slobodnadalmacija.hr/Spektar/tabid/94/articleType/ArticleView/articleId/210448/Default.aspx

Offline serbo

• Sydney FC Fan
Last minute winner to Partizan. Gutting. Cunts.

We played shit, really didn't deserve anything out of that match.

Worse still, I can't see us being able to improve the squad in the off season enough to challenge for the title. It's gonna be a long 5 years or so until we can get our finances in order.

Offline Bill

• Sydney FC Fan
Another loss...

Although 2-1 away to Belgium isn't terrible, Mihajlovic still playing too defensively. I can't believe he played Kuzmanovic as a #10 in the recent 'friendly' against Dunav and won't ever play him as a DM in big games! And Basta as an attacking mid, WTF? I know he's good and scores the odd goal, but you can't rely on him for that. Ever since Antic left we have been playing like bitches

Oh well... Croatia lost to Scotland at home, so if they lose all remaining games and we win all ours there's still a chance!  :thumbdown:

In other news, what a sick video clip:

Offline serbo

• Sydney FC Fan
Didn't watch the game and I'm never watching another game so long as Mihajlovic is coach because I already know what kind of shit sandwich we'll dish up.

Apparently we have no decent strikers because Ljajic doesn't have the vocal chords to be an international footballer and that Matic bloke isn't quite up to our standards to fill the gap at CM/DM either.

Offline Bill

• Sydney FC Fan
Yep... this is why he should've been sacked immediately after losing to Croatia. His whole "Matic needs to call me" thing is a massive ego trip, unbelievable. Ljajic wasn't doing that well at the time he got dropped so it wasn't a big deal anyway but he has been playing a lot better lately so should get a call-up.

Our forward line needs creative players who can actually score as well like Sulejmani & Ljajic (at least on the bench, then we don't have to worry about whether he'll sing the anthem or not  :whistle:) and we need classy players like Matic & Kuzmanovic in DM. I'd probably play something like this (unless we find a decent proper striker):

Djuricic (false 9)
          Markovic                                Sulejmani

Tadic   

Matic             Kuzmanovic   

Kolarov            Nastasic        Subotic             Ivanovic

Brkic

If Matic stays at Benfica he'll be there alongside Sulejmani and Djuricic. If the rumours are true, even Markovic will be joining them there. This would give us an awesome cohesive core of the attack for the national team and can't be ignored. Mihajlovic needs to go immediately if he can't recognise that.

Praying that Subotic ends up at either Man City or Chelsea alongside one of our other defenders.

Offline Bill

• Sydney FC Fan
6 Serbs on the books at Benfica for this season, crazy: